Satan, Soros, September 26 and the Debate
Twenty-nine million people listened to the first 2020 presidential debate last night.
Donald Trump interrupted his opponent too often. Joe Biden looked canned and plastic. And Chris Wallace appeared lost and bewildered, and sometimes acted like a third contestant on Mr. Biden’s side.
My thoughts on last night and, more importantly, the bigger picture behind the scenes.
Satan, Soros, September 26 and the Debate
I was disappointed in the first debate. President Trump seemed under-prepared and Vice President Biden over-packaged. Three and a half years of non-stop antagonism left President Trump dueling as if he stood in a press conference without rules. Joe Biden nearly froze up a few times but was rescued by the moderator.
In my view, Trump won on policy points and Biden on style. But overall, the American public lost.
Whatever choice the American electorate makes in 35 days will have a huge impact on the future of the United States and world history in this century.
We must remember that far greater forces are at work behind the transfer of power in the world’s most influential nation. That is why the polarization is so intense.
And many of these forces have long term plans.
Satan’s desire to deceive and destroy humans–their life, liberty, happiness, and eternity–remains the largest long-term conspiracy in the world. Their work is hard to quantify by being “behind the veil,” but its reality touches us daily in our lives and the flow of human civilization.
Temptation and deception are real, and we must fight them with spiritual weapons (2 Corinthians 10:4).
Satan and his demons invisibly war against the Church and her mandate to make disciples of all nations. Satan relishes wanting to wipe Israel off the map due to its historical relationship to God.
The demonic world also entices individuals daily to hurt themselves through numerous stimulants and lifestyle choices. They use long range plans over decades and centuries to deceive human beings and wreak havoc on earth.
In the 2020 election, our spiritual enemy wants to use a weak, controllable candidate and an increasingly Marxist-oriented party to eviscerate the freedoms and destiny of America. If Satan succeeds, it will be because of our own ignorance and sin.
You might want to read The Devil and Karl Marx: Communism’s Long March of Death, Deception, and Infiltration by Paul Kengor, professor of political science at Grove City College. If Joe Biden wins on November 3, his party will follow this playbook.
I have reported in the past the large and long-range role that multi-billionaire George Soros plays in trying to bring down Western civilization and elevate a one-world government. We need to be reminded that Soros and his affiliates remain one of the world’s greatest dangers.
A few years ago, Aaron Bandler of DailyWire.com gave this perspective on the most powerful and demonic-inspired person of our generation.
- Soros is a convicted felon. Soros was convicted of insider trading in France in 2002.
- Soros comes from an anti-Semitic Jewish family and was a Nazi collaborator. “My mother was quite anti-Semitic, and ashamed of being Jewish,” Soros said in an interview with CBS’ 60 Minutes. Soros is a rabid anti-Israel advocate, and has compared Israel to the Nazis.
- Soros basically funds the leftist mainstream media. The Media Research Center chronicled how Soros has ties to over thirty news outlets in the mainstream media including Media Matters and all the other major television networks (except Fox) and major newspapers. That is why they hate Donald Trump and avidly support the other party.
- Soros created a “Shadow Party” of leftist organizations that essentially guide the Democrat Party and organize and fund the violence in American cities. According to Discover the Networks, the McCain-Feingold law allowed for organizations called “527 committees,” defined as independent groups that could produce “issue-oriented ads, voter-education initiatives, get-out-the-vote drives, and other ‘party-building’ activities’” that moved the Democrat Party further to the left. Some of these organizations included MoveOn.org and Center for Progress.
- Soros’ Open Society Foundation wants to destroy national sovereignty and borders, paving the way for a one world government. Flooding the U.S. with immigrants is key to that strategy.
- Soros funds many Black Lives Matter groups. According to a Washington Times analysis of the Soros-funded tax returns, the organization gave at least $33 million to BLM groups in one year.
- One of Soros’ long-range strategies has been to fund the campaigns of district attorneys in many American cities and encourage them to release prisoners, not prosecute crime, and go along with de-fund the police movements.
There is no equivalent organized effort of people and money with a long-range strategy to promote faith and freedom in the United States. I am aware of some possibilities, but none have yet emerged to be a righteous influence on the future.
But there is hope.
September 26 brought scores of thousands of people–maybe over 100,000–to our nation’s capital to pray for America (a large crowd during the age of Covid). Our church hosted a simulcast of “The Return” and we enjoyed praying with the nation all throughout the day. Tens of millions of people joined the event on-line.
It brought back many memories.
On April 29, 1980, just six months prior to the Reagan Revolution, my wife and I and a dozen others served as the local coordinating group for the first Washington for Jesus gathering that drew 700,000 people to the Washington Mall to pray for revival in America.
Six months prior to the event, we served two assignments: 1) Mobilize the churches from a 100-mile radius to bring their people to the twelve-hour prayer meeting, 2) Help with the logistics for the event (stage, hospitality, buying out the Metro, ferrying speakers etc.).
As I shared last week, Washington for Jesus was the first of several special prayer days that have been called in the past forty years and built on a heritage of prayer in America.
On September 26, two different events brought the people of God to pray.
Jonathan Cahn, a messianic Jew and best-selling author led the vision for “The Return.” In conjunction with many other leaders, mostly from the charismatic/Pentecostal side of the church, they erected a large stage in the center of the Washington Mall and drew thousands to pray from 9 am to 5 pm.
I found Rev. Cahn’s prophetic words humble and powerful in calling America to return to God. Scores of spiritual leaders led worship from the podium and worship reverberated through-out the day. President Trump sent a special message of encouragement to those assembled and Dr. James Dobson’s burdened insights stood out as a highlight of the gathering.
You can watch any or all of The Return here.
During the middle of the day, Franklin Graham of the Billy Graham Association led scores of thousands of believers in a prayer march that began at the Lincoln Memorial and ended at the Capitol building. Vice President Mike Pence spoke at that event–then everyone walked and prayed for two hours along the two mile route.
You can watch the Prayer March 2020 here.
It was interesting that primarily Pentecostal adults and parachurch ministries attended The Return while evangelical families and pastors joined the Prayer March 2020.
Why the divide in this year’s call to prayer?
1980 brought together the entire people of God–even to repent of our division from one another. Forty years later, we dispersed into two movements–both wonderful but not unified.
Are we in greater danger in America in the 21st century because the devil and his forces stand more united, better funded, and thinking more long-term than today’s generation of believers?
May God bring John 17 unity to the Church as we put our hope in God.
I also think of our season of prayer and seeking back in the 1990′ – both regionally (Mission Kitsap – Pastor/leaders Prayer Summits) and nationally (with Mission America and others). Those were the years “The Church” in general turned inward, and the Silent Majority remained silent . . .as we turned our schools, and the media over to the “kingdom of darkness” as you describe.
Still pondering and praying for a move and release of of God’s revival power and transformation of the nations . . . . ! ! ! ( it will probably look different than we think ! )
Thank you Ron for your insight.
I pray the people of God come together ?
I believe God will bring hardship to bring the
True church together soon to shine His Light
in a world growing increasingly darker.
The highlight to me Saturday was the “One New Man” of Uniting the Jews & Gentiles who love Jesus. The Shofars were everywhere!!!?❤️