On November 5, 2008, while taking a prayer walk through the east Texas prairie, God spoke to my heart: “The world is about to change.” I took it as a prophetic glimpse of the future and began to share the warning everywhere I went.
I thought at that time that an economic crash might be imminent. I also saw the decay of the American culture and knew that God is just.
But the sudden “jolt” didn’t come, though I prepared my work and family for it. Now, fifteen years later, I wonder once again:
Is the world about to change?
Is The World About to Change?
I never wanted to be a prophet or a son of a prophet (Amos 7:14). In fact, with my nominal religious background, I never knew the meaning of the word until my twenties when God called me in Youth With A Mission to be a revival evangelist in America and elsewhere.
My life story called One Small Life: Revival Adventures from My Fifty Year Journal was published last week (I’m awaiting shipment of it). It tells the detailed story of my calling to be a prophetic voice in this generation.
That included giving “prophetic words” from God to individuals and nations. I took the assignment seriously though I knew human error was a possibility–especially with timing. When praying over people, I learned to preface what I felt God was saying (a word of wisdom or knowledge) with this honest caveat, “I believe God is saying. . .”
I didn’t want to give the sovereign loving Creator a bad name through my mistakes. On the other hand, I knew I must be obedient to speak the “word of the Lord” as I heard it.
In my early years there were many good examples of prophetic ministers around me such as Jean Darnall, Leonard Ravenhill, Joy Dawson, and even a young Keith Green. During my YWAM training school, Jean Darnall lovingly prophesied over each student–taking hours to accomplish it. Her simple words to me on January 11, 1974 are still pasted in the back of my Bible:
“Praise God for the work of an evangelist. Learn to pray in the spirit.”
From that day forward, God unveiled his calling which took me to sixty nations and forty-seven American states. Everywhere I went, people wanted to know the “word of the Lord.”
I tried my best to speak for God.
Yet I think modern-day “prophets” oftentimes hear God’s heart but miss some details, especially related to timing. Even the inspired prophets in the Bible (I’m currently reading Isaiah in my morning devotions) thought they were talking about one time period when God was possibly referring to another or even a double meaning–now and later.
Many of the prophecies of the “last days” are like that. They applied to both the restoration of Israel after captivity but also to the “end of the age” and a new world that was coming.
In 2008, I thought the election of Barack Obama signaled a sudden and major change in the world. In retrospect, I think the ascendance of our first fully secular president (with Muslim sympathies) simply accelerated major cultural shifts.
He called it “hope and change.” Now we know it unleashed a culture war in the USA.
Fifteen years later, America emits only a shadow of the faith-based nation it once was:
- We’ve piled up 32 trillion dollars in public debt.
- We have an open border with Mexico allowing millions of people to “crash” the nation.
- From kindergarten to university kids are being taught to hate their country and openly work for the destruction of all the biblical foundations.
- Police are defunded, city DA’s don’t prosecute crime, and many cities are run by drug gangs.
- Immorality is now the norm and many young people no longer know what it means to be a boy or girl, man or woman.
- Our federal government has been weaponized against a former president and our current president stands mentally diminished and facing possible impeachment for family financial corruption and money laundering.
- The secular media unitedly trumpets the nation’s spiritual and moral chaos and unthinking and distracted Americans continue to elect those committed to their demise.
- Russia is at war in Europe. China is saber-rattling throughout Asia, and the current administration is helping Iran get nuclear weapons.
- And many Americans don’t seem to care. Little children can be killed through the mass distribution of drug “poison” and no one on the street says a peep.
Though immediate tragedy didn’t strike in 2008, something inside me now asks again:
Is the world about to change?
Others seem to think so.
Radio talk show host Dan Bongino has been saying for weeks that “something big is coming.” He doesn’t know what, but something in his gut told him to warn his large audience.
Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich shared his concerns on September 18, 2023:
As an historian, political leader, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives, and citizen, I want to share with you where I think we are as of September 2023.
We are faced with the most consequential decisions since President Abraham Lincoln and the Congress worked together to save the Union and government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
Throughout the federal system there has been a growing tendency to impose the rule of power and break the rule of law. This threatens the freedom which has been the essence of the American experience.
Our obligation to the American people, the American Constitution, the rule of law, and to the future of our country is to expose, investigate, and root out the entire system and culture of weaponization and corruption of authority.
This is the greatest crisis of our Constitutional system and the rule of law since the 1850’s.
Gingrich then reminded his audience of Abraham Lincoln’s words in 1862:
“The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise – with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew, and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves [set ourselves free], and then we shall save our country.
Victor Davis Hanson recently warned in “Post -Post Modern America Meet Mao’s Cultural Revolution:“
When the progressive woke revolution took over traditional America, matters soon reached the level of the ridiculous. . . perhaps last best witnessed during Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution. The common theme of these absurdities is how contrary to human nature, impractical, and destructive utopian wokeism is, whether in matters of energy, race, crime, or illegal immigration.
There are two other characteristics of the woke revolution. One, it depends solely on its advocates never having to experience firsthand any of the nonsense they inflict on others. And two, dangerous zealots with titles before (and letters after) their names prove to be quite stupid—and dangerous.
So, is the world about to change? If so, might it involve:
- Economic instability leading to a new digital currency (CBDC) to control our lives?
- The dethroning of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency via the growing BRICS Alliance?
- The Russian invasion of Ukraine spilling over into Europe?
- Iran aiming nuclear warheads at the nation of Israel?
- China invading Taiwan?
- A new deadly virus (man-made) to stalk the planet?
I honestly don’t know what lies ahead, but I’m “keeping watch” while praying for revival.
Keep sharing your faith and keep your eyes on Jesus–and his blessed hope.