Tax Day Tea Parties – April 15, 2009 – Yes You Can!
On April 15, 2009 millions of modern day patriots of our American Christian nation will do a very peaceful and Christian-like protest of the present misguided and irresponsible course of our Federal Government and many state governments.
“Change We Can Believe In” has become a “Nightmare We Can’t Tolerate”–and less than one hundred days into the present administration, a grassroots revolution is building to take back America to the economic and social principles that made her great.
It’s Tax Day Tea Party Time–and we encourage all Americans who love this nation to take part. If you can’t attend a protest rally, then make your views known at work, school, and in your communities.
The April 15 events, in hundreds of cities across America, will be reminiscent of December 16, 1773 when a handful of men dumped tea into the Boston Harbor. That one act set in motion a chain of events that birthed the most free and prosperous nation in the history of the world. That freedom is now in jeopardy.
Today, many Americans feel helpless as they watch an over-reaching government destroy our Constitution and 237 years of liberty. The first American Tea Party birthed a nation. The second American Tea Party could help save it. Just like our Founding Fathers, many Americans are deeply concerned about the direction our leaders are taking us. It’s time to say:
- NO to the growth of bigger government and the abandoning of free enterprise.
- NO to the war on the successful and the rich to pay for the government growth.
- NO to the class warfare or taking from one group to give to another.
- NO to to the destructive redistribution of wealth.
- NO to trillions of new debt to advance a fascist or socialist vision.
- NO to tax increases to pay for egregious and irresponsible spending.
- NO to bankrupting future generations of American citizens.
- NO to tax cheaters being appointed to positions of power in Washington.
- NO to irresponsible Congressional earmarks.
- NO to the White House power grab of politicizing the US Census.
- NO to ACORN as census-takers under the Department of Commerce.
- NO to open borders for illegal immigrants.
- NO to blanket amnesty for illegals, their families and their friends.
- NO to the mis-named “Free Choice Act” which is a payback to unions.
- NO to closing Guantanmo Bay and bringing terrorists to America for trial.
- NO to the new hostility and harassment of gun owners.
- NO to giving up American sovereignty to world courts.
- NO to being a puppet of the U.N. Human Rights Commission.
- NO to visions of a One World Government and currency.
- NO to destruction of American moral values and principles.
- NO to the destruction of marriage under the guise of homosexual rights.
This could be a pivotal day in the battle for America. Columnist Michelle Malkin comments:
“As unemployment soars and anger over Wall Street bailouts mounts, public outrage will seek an outlet. Populism could go in many directions — and could easily ebb when the economy revives. But if it takes shape as an anti-spending movement, it could revive conservatives much as the 1970s tax protests did.
To be sure, the protest sizes so far are a far cry from the left’s anti-globalization and anti-war demonstrations of the past decade. But they appear to have grass-roots origins. The organizer of the Kansas protest, Amanda Grosserode, calls herself a home-schooling mom who is “fed up” with the spending in Washington. She has been a member of Fair Tax Kansas City since last fall.
“My husband and I were feeling frustrated that the stimulus had passed with very little debate and no one had read it,” “I said, ‘We need to do something.’ ” She began contacting family and friends, and eventually received attention via Fair Tax Kansas City and local talk radio.
“I think the taxpayer revolt is the new counterculture,” said Grosserode. “People want to stand up and say, ‘Hey, I’m paying for that, I do not support that.’ “
“Don’t wait for somebody else to move. Don’t make excuses. Don’t think you can’t pull one off because you’ve never done it before?
Yes, you can!”
I encourage you to get involved in this new American revolution. If you don’t know where to participate, go to Tax Day Tea Party.com and find the locations where rallies and meetings are taking place on April 15. There are two major rallies in the state of Washington, one in Olympia and one in Spokane. You can find the details HERE to those events.
You can also send a symbolic virtual tea bag to our president and Congressional leaders to let them know that you’re a part of the movement to change directions.
Thomas Jefferson’s famous words of July 4, 1776 are as true today as when they were written:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it..”
This is not the time to abolish, but the moment to “alter” our current national trajectory back to the wise and trusted ways of the past. That wisdom includes re-affirming our God-given unalienable rights to:
- Life – now being trampled by the most radical pro-abortion Administration in history.
- Liberty – being suffocated by out-of control spending, massive debt, and crippling regulations to the private sector,
- The pursuit of happiness – “property” – in the minds of the founders that are over-taxed and being taken away from the productive and re-distributed to others.
If you can’t attend a Tax Day Tea Party event, please pray for America, our leaders, and for those who are taking a stand.
Wednesday, April 15, could be a day that changes a nation.
Yes, you can!”
Leave a Comment