Rejoicing in the Truth About Global Warming
“Love does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out” (1 Corinthians 13:6).
We were all given a unique Valentine on February 14. If we really love the world and the peoples of the world, then we should rejoice that February 14 was a day of truth about global warming. The scientist at the center of the Climategate scandal of the past year–Dr. Phil Jones–has now admitted the real truth:
There has been no evidence of global warming for the past fifteen years.
For fifteen years (1995-2010).
Let that time frame really sink in. During the past fifteen years:
- Al Gore produced his infamous eco-documentary An Inconvenient Truth which should now be re-named A Very Convenient Fabrication. He also won a Nobel Peace prize–based on a lie.
- Michael Moore produced numerous propaganda flicks and made lots of money based on the notion of global warming. I like Michael Moore’s faith and his heart, but he, too, got swept up in the fiction-based science.
- We’ve banned off-shore drilling for oil and gas.
- California has ham-strung its economy with wild-eyed environmental policies leading to an exodus of industries and a disastrous multi-billion dollar deficit.
- We’ve become completely dependent on foreign energy sources, losing thousands of jobs in America and allowing the price of energy to skyrocket.
- We’ve place a moratorium on nuclear energy and the multiplication of clean-energy nuclear facilities (President Obama announced today the building of a new nuclear plant in Burke, Georgia which is step the right direction).
- A Cap and Trade bill that would probably produce a depression in this country is still being pushed through Congress mandating carbon credits for business and huge taxes on consumers.
- New EPA regulations authorized by the Obama Administration–if fully implemented–would further cripple our already ailing economy.
- The recent Copenhagen Climate Conference tried to push through draconian environmental measures that would have greatly affected economic growth and prosperity worldwide.
And all of these and hundreds of other global warming initiatives were based on a lie.
Professor Phil Jones has finally told us the truth. Here’s the story by way of the London Daily Mail on-line (a news story by Jonathan Petre last updated at 5:12 PM on 14th February 2010):
“Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be.’ The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information.
Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers.
Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’.
The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.
Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.
And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.
Professor Jones has been in the spotlight since he stepped down as director of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit after the leaking of emails that sceptics claim show scientists were manipulating data.
The raw data, collected from hundreds of weather stations around the world and analysed by his unit, has been used for years to bolster efforts by the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to press governments to cut carbon dioxide emissions.
Following the leak of the emails, Professor Jones has been accused of ‘scientific fraud’ for allegedly deliberately suppressing information and refusing to share vital data with critics.
Discussing the interview, the BBC’s environmental analyst Roger Harrabin said he had spoken to colleagues of Professor Jones.
According to Mr Harrabin, colleagues of Professor Jones said ‘his office is piled high with paper, fragments from over the years, tens of thousands of pieces of paper, and they suspect what happened was he took in the raw data to a central database and then let the pieces of paper go because he never realised that 20 years later he would be held to account over them’.
Asked about whether he lost track of data, Professor Jones said: ‘There is some truth in that. We do have a trail of where the weather stations have come from but it’s probably not as good as it should be.
‘There’s a continual updating of the dataset. Keeping track of everything is difficult. Some countries will do lots of checking on their data then issue improved data, so it can be very difficult. We have improved but we have to improve more.’
He also agreed that there had been two periods which experienced similar warming, from 1910 to 1940 and from 1975 to 1998…He further admitted that in the last 15 years there had been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.
Harrabin added that the professor’s concessions over medieval warming were ‘significant’ because they were his first public admission that the science was not settled.”
Wow! How’s that for game-changing blast of the “hockey stick of truth?”
The other hockey stick graph was a fraud–just like the “Evoutionary Tree” in many science textbooks.
This is a Valentine’s Day present we can all rejoice in. It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care for the created world, be good recyclers, and be looking for ways to clean, improve, and make more efficient the human institutions and industries we serve.
It does mean that nature and nature’s God have more to do with the weather than we do. We should respect both–but never tell lies for political ends. I have personally written on this subject a number of times during the past year including:
You might want to peruse those articles again. They make even more sense now. The very best column I’ve seen on this topic was Charles Krauthammer’s insightful article called “The New Socialism” that we also published.
Krauthammer rightly points out that the hoax of global warming due to man-made causes was all about money and power. It’s that simple.
It was about tyranny–“wearing an EPA cap.”
Truth brings the opposite of tyranny–freedom.
Let’s rejoice in the liberating truth we’ve heard this week that the world has not been warming in the past fifteen years and let’s throw all our might into drilling, building those nuclear plants, scrapping the Ethanol subsidies, loosening the chains of environmental laws and regulations, spurring innovation and invention, and achieving energy independence and blessing for our own nation and others around the world.
Good goin’, Ron. Keep it up! -Wedge