If there’s one thing we should learn from the Garden of Eden, it’s that demonic “spin” exists in the world. Believing those lies can not only kill you, but also entire civilizations.
I never thought much about the concept of “spin” until I started watching presidential debates where people entered “spin rooms” after the candidates spoke. Then I began viewing the O-Reilly Factor, where Bill O’Reilly, entered the “No Spin Zone” where he attempted to be objective about issues and events. He, like the rest of us, didn’t perfectly succeed, but he at least made an effort.
Recently, I’ve been thinking about the massive amounts of “spin” that we hear daily. Since I believe in the devil and and his sinister world of demonic manipulators, I conclude that many of the words and phrases we’re hear today come straight from Hell’s “Word of the Day” headquarters.
Here are some examples.
Let’s examine a few words and phrases that are commonly used to lie to us about important issues of the day.
Terminating a pregnancy/choice.
This is one of the most perverse lies of the past fifty years that, on a worldwide scale, has probably led to the murder of 1-2 billion people.
Yes, that’s one to two billion (according to the Guttmacher Institute).
For most of history, abortion was defined as the killing of a human baby in the womb. It’s obvious to all rational people that human life begins when an egg and sperm unite and a unique DNA is formed. After that incredible moment, all that is needed is time for the tiny human being to develop into a mature person, both inside and outside the womb.
But the sexual revolution of the 60s led to the selfish desire to do away with the inconvenient consequences of sexual promiscuity. We can imagine to the demonic word smiths having a hey-day coming up with language that would cover up the evil of murdering innocent children.
One spin was “I’m just terminating my pregnancy”– that having a child growing inside of me was just a contract or a policy that could be “voided” for any reason. But you don’t “terminate” a baby. In the real world of truth, you kill him or her.
And the killing has gone on for two generations. It’s the greatest genocide of all time.
Then the demonic commentators thought up the idea of “choice.” “Yes, I’m just making a noble and courageous choice to get rid of my problem. We live in a consumer world. Choice is good!”
But that’s nonsense. Moral choices are, by definition, either good of bad.
Hitler’s “choice” was treacherously deemed “The Final Solution.” Translation: Six million Jews and Christians would be viciously murdered. It was a great phrase, but a bad, evil choice. There is nothing virtuous about choice itself.
Whenever you hear these words from a pro-abortionist, remind yourself that you are listening to a frightening spin from the demonic world that has produced legions of Dr. Gosnells and filled the world with the blood of the innocent.
A righteous God will call us to account one day.
You should be able marry the one you love.
This is a fairly new demonic spin that has become popular in the past few years. It reveals that the devilish spin-masters are extremely clever at inventing phrases that sound good if you’re brain dead, but are idiotic and destructive at the core.
First of all, God is the author of marriage, and the very meaning of the word, and its definition for five thousands years in every culture of the world, has never changed. Marriage = a man and woman joining together to create children and families. These families are the bedrock of all human societies, and every reputable study done on the subject shows that children need both a dad and mom.
This is God’s design. It’s common sense. It’s also a tested and tried reality in scores of nations around the world.
But after the sexual revolt of the 20th century, some folks began to fool around with homosexual behavior (and other destructive forms of sex). In the 21st century, the demonic spinners decided they could fool the West regarding marriage by wrapping it in the language of “love.”
“Marry who you love.” Sounds blissful and romantic–but again, it’s diabolically hurtful.
- What if I “love” my sister, or brother or father or cousin (incest)? Then your “marriage” destroys the gene pool (and probably your family).
- What if I “love” somebody who’s not married (fornication)? Then I destroy their virginity, safety and security (and increase poverty rates via single parent homes).
- What if a man “loves” a man or a woman “loves” a woman (homosexuality)? Then I crush their identity, and if I bring kids into the equation, limit their need for a mom and a dad.
- What if I “love” somebody who’s married to another person (adultery)? Then I tear down their family.
- What if I “love” a child (pedophilia)? Then I destroy their innocence for the rest of their lives.
- What if I “love” two our three people (polygamy)? Then you create a mess in human relationships.
- What if I “love” my dog, cat or horse (bestiality)? Then I destroy my humanness.
“Marry who you love” is probably one of the silliest phrases ever concocted in hell. But it’s quite accepted in our unthinking culture. The truth remains that only a man marrying a woman is true love i.e. that which promotes the real good of another. All other forms of counterfeit sexual relationships are unwise and destructive.
You can’t be smarter than God.
This is a great word, and when used properly communicates the biblical idea that we all have the same worth before God because we are made in his image. The US Supreme Court will probably use this word this week when they rule on the issue of same-sex marriage.
Let’s hope they don’t accept the demonic spin on the issue. Because if they agree with the lie that men should have equal opportunity to marry men and women should have equal rights to marry women, then all the life-giving family boundaries will come crashing down and everything I mentioned in the list above will also have to be allowed.
If a person has an “equal right” to marry anybody they like, then incest, fornication, adultery, pedophilia, polygamy, and bestiality will all have to be made legal under banner of “equality.”
It will take time, but the house of cards (the God-given family) will collapse–all because we do not accept the reasonable limits of human equality.
Of course, some purists still call this “global warming” but then a funny little thing happened to shoot down the hypothesis: the world started a cooling trend in 1998 that has continued to this day.
So the demonic spinners had to scramble to keep their concept alive, and they came up with the clever phrase “climate change.” “Okay, the planet isn’t getting hotter at the moment so let’s just sweep the scientific data under the general carpet of changing weather patterns. But it’s really still global warming!”
And why do the imps from the underworld push this idea on the Western world? Because it’s a great way of destroying wealth through extreme environmental policies and increasing global poverty.
Remember: hell’s ultimate goal is to destroy–to take human beings down with them (John 10:10). Scare-mongering and ill-advised policies due to “climate change” will do just that.
How about a few other words or phrases:
- Diversity – a great word that truly communicates the uniqueness of everyone and everything that God has made, but is used today primarily to promote bias and racism.
- Tolerance – another good word that the demonic spinners have bent to promote the demise of Christian culture and influence in the West. Those who want “tolerance” in the 21st century really are “intolerant” toward God and his truth.
- Comprehensive immigration reform – Again, a great concept, but pushed by Democrats to keep open US borders both for power and votes, and tolerated by Republicans to get cheap labor for business (and hopefully some votes). Thinking Alert! Never trust a twelve hundred page bill that is being rammed down your throat before it can be read. The better choices: 1) Enforce the laws we already have, 2) Secure the border, 3) Don’t penalize children of illegals, 4) Be compassionate toward strangers already here, but make them get to the back of the immigration line, and 5) Modernize and make efficient the US immigration system.
- Social justice – pitting economic classes against one another through the use of envy and greed. When pushed far enough, this philosophy produces communism, poverty and collapse. (Do we have any faint memories of the USSR?)
The demons in hell are not wise because they don’t fear the Lord–which is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10). But they are very clever in the way they manipulate words to confuse and hurt people.
Have your mental antennas up to pick up the demonic spin. I’d love to hear your own examples.
May we discern and speak the truth rather than being deceived by the lies.